Where does the March 2019 Lee County Foreclosure Report come from?
We download from public records and trend with Microsoft Excel. We have been doing this since 2007. This report has value because it is a leading indicator of bank-owned homes coming to market.
Compiled and analyzed by Jeff Tumbarello.
March 2019 Lee County Florida foreclosure report: Trends at a glance.
Lis Pendens Filings:
- March 2019: 93 Mortgage related Lis Pendens.
- February 2019: 103 Mortgage related Lis Pendens.
- March 2018: 82 Mortgage related Lis Pendens.
Certificates of Title Conveyed:
- March 2019: 48 Certificates of Title were conveyed.
- February 2019: 40 Certificates of Title were conveyed.
- March 2018: 53 Certificates of Title were conveyed.
March 2019 Lee County Florida foreclosure report: When was the last payment made?
|Year Mortgage Originated||Average Last payment date|
Some thoughts on the metrics of the March 2019 Lee County Florida foreclosure report.
- 10 of the foreclosure filings appear to be a result of the Bertram Versus US bank decision due to the date of the last payment.
- The lack of Certificate of Title Growth in relation to the Lis Pendens filings shows that the market has improved to the point if you go into default. You can trade out.
- If the market is correcting, the distressed market will not be the primary driver.
- The current filings appear to be the following factors.
- Old Modifications that are now going bad. (2005-2007)
- New Low money down builder transactions. (2016-2018)
- “Normal” Distressed Situations.
- Probates where a mortgage was involved. (Primarily the 2005-2007 Vintage)
See you at a meeting soon!
The Southwest Florida Real Estate Investment Association is the leading source of SWFL real estate investing events that provide investment education and networking in southwest Florida. We analyze the housing market and foreclosures and provide information, education and networking events in order to build a network and knowledge base for investors and potential investors. Our members include real estate agent, brokers, investors, hedge fund managers, rehabbers, wholesalers and more.
Our SWFL REIA General Meeting is held in Fort Myers where we provide education on hot topics in investing and an opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow investors. You’ll get a chance to ask for advice from successful real estate professionals and even make a few deals on your latest projects.
To become a member, anyone can register as an individual, a couple, or a corporation. Being a member opens the doors for endless networking opportunities, advice from members with decades of experience, new ideas from entrepreneurs, camaraderie with those just beginning, and deals and contracts done in the meeting room. For those interested in Cape Coral rental property investment and/or Fort Myers rental property investment, SWFL REIA will be able to provide a network to help launch a successful investment career.
The SWFL REIA is known and respected as a source of current, actionable and useful information about the housing market in the area that we meet.
We meet twice a month.
One of the premier sources for real estate investing networking and education is the SWFL REIA. In the real estate world, the SWFL REIA is different in that they do not do information product sales. Their meetings are focusing on the best ways of investing in real estate by collaborating with other property investors who are sharing their experiences.
We look forward to meeting you at a meeting soon!
Click here for membership information
Get our meeting notices and market data emailed to you.