This 2020 SWFL market update was Complied and analyzed by:
Jeff Tumbarello, Broker Owner: Steelbridge Realty/Director: SWFL REIA
Disclosure for the 2020 SWFL market update.
- This is my work is done for me and shared with you.
- Data exported from the MLS and trended in Microsoft Excel.
- All data is Lee County Residential.
- The dates trended are Dec 2018-Jan 2019 and Dec 2019-Jan 2020.
- Data was exported 2/4/2020 at 11:15 AM. This is very early for January 2020. The sales counts will just go up. It is best to get accurate numbers to wait till at least the 15th of each month for looking at the last month.
The 6 main traits to watch in a market.
- Volume (the king).
- Sales Counts.
- Average Price (shows what the top of the market is doing).
- Median Price (Shows the bottom of the market is doing).
- Cash sales percentage
- Months Inventory.
2020 SWFL market update: Metrics
|Dec 2018 – Jan 2019||Dec 2019 – Jan 2020||Difference|
|Cash Sales Percentage||41.51%||40.09%||-3.43%|
2020 SWFL Market Update: Residential Sales by Year built
2020 SWFL Market Update: Notes
- The year over year Volume and Sales counts growth is amazing.
- The homes sold by Year built metrics show the new construction market is driving growth.
- The price growth is very measured growth in relation to sales and volume growth.
- The cash percentage holding steady is a good sign for the health of the market.
- Inventory is very low for this time of year.
See you at a meeting soon!
The Southwest Florida Real Estate Investment Association is the leading source of SWFL real estate investing events that provide investment education and networking in southwest Florida. We analyze the housing market and foreclosures and provide information, education and networking events in order to build a network and knowledge base for investors and potential investors. Our members include real estate agents, brokers, investors, hedge fund managers, rehabbers, wholesalers and more.
Our SWFL REIA General Meeting is held in Fort Myers where we provide education on hot topics in investing and an opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow investors. You’ll get a chance to ask for advice from successful real estate professionals and even make a few deals on your latest projects.
To become a member, anyone can register as an individual, a couple, or a corporation. Being a member opens the doors for endless networking opportunities, advice from members with decades of experience, new ideas from entrepreneurs, camaraderie with those just beginning, and deals and contracts done in the meeting room. For those interested in Cape Coral rental property investment and/or Fort Myers rental property investment, SWFL REIA will be able to provide a network to help launch a successful investment career.
The SWFL REIA is known and respected as a source of current, actionable and useful information about the housing market in the area that we meet.
We meet twice a month.
One of the premier sources for real estate investing networking and education is the SWFL REIA. In the real estate world, the SWFL REIA is different in that it does not do information product sales. Their meetings are focusing on the best ways of investing in real estate by collaborating with other property investors who are sharing their experiences.
We look forward to meeting you at a meeting soon!
Click here for membership information
Get our meeting notices and market data emailed to you.